New York City Recap




This was taken on our first day in the city, when I got so caught up in seeing everything that I forgot to get any outfit pictures. My bad. So there will be a full post on this outfit when I get back to Nashville, I promise (: But I'm so in love with these overalls that I couldn't not include them in this post. 



I found this dress at Nordstrom and fell in love with the almost watercoler-like floral print (and the $25 price tag). I ended up wearing it for dinner the second night. We went to Lombardi's, which is apparently one of the best pizzerias in the U.S., but the real star of the night was this place called Rice To Riches, a place across the street which serves pretty much every flavor of rice pudding imaginable. We stopped in and got a small cheesecake rice pudding while we were waiting for our table to open up at Lombardi's. It was AMAZING. It even had chunks of actual cheesecake in it. (Fyi, they ship their pudding everywhere. So there's that... You can find it here.) I meant to get a picture of it, but we ate it too fast. Whoops. 






Francesca's Lola Scalloped Romper (This one is no longer available, but I'm linking it just in case they restock.) / LuLu's Ahead of The Curves Scalloped Black Romper (Similar, and comes in 3 colors) / New Look Petit Black Scallop Hem Playsuit (Similar and a great price!) / Nasty Gal Bueller II Shades / BaubleBar Curb Freefall Bib Necklace / Nordstrom Michael Kors Slim Runway Chronograph Bracelet Watch


First off, let me just say how hard it is to go to one of the biggest tourist attractions in one of the biggest cities in the world and get a picture with a background that is not filled with hundreds of people. Trust me when I say that it's about as impossible as it sounds. Also notice I am wearing different shoes here. We walked so much that day that I had a bag with like two different pairs of shoes. The most comfortable shoes I own (the ones pictured above, which you can find here) and the shoes that actually went with the outfit (Still flats. Because walking). Except I forgot to change my shoes for this picture. Whoops. It didn't help that I had hurt my ankle a week earlier trying to walk in heels in the dark on uneven ground--it's still swollen by the way. Am I still wearing heels? Yes. I'm wearing heels as I write this, actually. Should I be? Probably not. So for the most part I stayed away from heels on this trip, which is super unusual for me. 

As always, Thanks for stopping by! 













0 comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT


Cat lady. Wine lover. Shoe addict.

I believe a pretty dress can change your whole mood. I love combining style and affordability because fashion is something everybody should be able to enjoy! (:



SOCIAL




SEARCH

Pages

INSTAGRAM

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts